Members Who Inspire | Dr. Srinivas Bandi
Name: Dr. Srinivas Bandi
Job Position: Vice-President and Global Head SAP Practice
Company: Kellton Tech
How did you first hear about SAPinsider?
Two decades ago, when I started my career as an SAP FICO Consultant, I was vividly following SAPinsider and SAP FICO Expert Articles to gain knowledge from fellow consultants in the ecosystem.
If you had four more hours in your day, what would you do with them?
Great question! How I would spend the extra four hours would be broken up in the following activities:
- 1½ hours—reading (SAP Blogs & other content—SAPinsider, PartnerEdge, OpenSAP, Espresso Tutorials, SAP Press),
- ½ hour—reading General Management Content (HBR, MIT, McKinsey, Gartner, IDC)
- 1 hour—Physical exercise (Walking/Spinning/Yoga),
- 1 hour—Family Time. 😊
Why are you a member of SAPinsider?
I love the SAPinsider Benchmark Reports, and I leverage the content in my advisory consulting engagements with our Prospects & Customers. These reports provide the perspective of the decision-makers viz., CIOs, CFOs, and CXOs across the Globe and it gives a glimpse of the broader market view.
What is the most serious issue facing our profession today?
- Keeping up to date with current technological developments
- Building a business case for every strategic move of the Customer (Ex: S/4, Cloud)
- Tough to be a “Thought Leader” in the respective Industry
Tell us about a time when how you had a problem at work and used your SAPinsider membership to solve that problem
We had to enable GR55 Reports in S/4. This functionality was leveraged by the Customer in erstwhile SAP ECC and there is a request from the Finance Team to enable the functionality to report Planned Values in the FAGLFLEXT Table. We could locate appropriate SAP Notes and advisory in our research.
Name one person who has had a profound effect on your life and tell us about it.
Nelson Mandela—True Symbol of Human Greatness.
- He fought for what he believed.
- He showed how easy it is to forgive his incarcerators!
- He demonstrated how to run the Country and when to give up the power.
What advice would you have for the next generation of SAP users?
- Do not settle for the status quo
- Invest in yourself (Read, Write and Communicate)
- Enjoy the work. Aspire to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in your chosen field.
What has been the most rewarding part of your job?
Standing before the Prospects & Customers to understand the challenges encountered and addressing them appropriately within the SAP Tools is most satisfying and rewarding as it provided me an opportunity to visit multiple countries and meet various leaders across the Globe.
Each month, SAPinsider will turn the spotlight on our members and highlight how they are making a difference with their SAP investment and how their SAPinsider Membership helps them accomplish their goals. See other members, submit a nomination or become an SAPinsider by clicking here